The VCA Foundation plans to sponsor the Student Fellows Competition each year in the spring, and the selected Fellows will be announced later in the spring, and be recognized at the VCA Convention in the fall. Graduate students enrolled (matriculating) in a counselor education program in Virginia are eligible to apply for a VCAF Student Fellowship. Students should be taking coursework in the semester in which they submit a fellowship application.
Entries for the Virginia Counselors Association Foundation Student Fellowship Competition must be submitted by
11:59 pm on February 28, 2017. Essays will be reviewed by the VCAF Board of Directors and rated on the following dimensions:
- Evidence of interest and experience in leadership for the counseling profession.
- The desire to work in Virginia after graduation.
- Evidence of academic success in graduate school.
- Knowledge and application of critical ethical values for the counseling profession.
- Evidence of the value of multiculturalism and diversity.
- Organization and appropriate grammar/mechanics.
Students submitting entries will receive notification of whether they were awarded a VCAF Student fellowship during the month of March each year.
Students awarded a Virginia Counselors Association Foundation Student Fellowship will receive the following:
- Paid membership in the Virginia Counselors Association for the fellowship year.
- Paid membership in the student's VCA chapter for the fellowship year.
- Paid registration for the VCA conference for the fellowship year.
- A $100 stipend.
- Recognition in VCA and VCAF publications and at the VCA conference.
Word / PDF